Saturday, November 17, 2012

A little bit of Mori (food) inspiration post!

I really need to make more posts in my blog.... but unfortunately a few weeks ago when I was on my way to work I had a very terrible accident in my car and I was injured. I was depressed about what happened and I stopped caring about a lot of things for a while. I finally decided today that I would make some posts, probably a few in a row, so here is my first one!
Mori cooking inspiration....or rather the last few things I've done happen to be a little bit "mori" or at least it feels that way. I think autumn is really when I feel inspired by the forest and the outdoors in general. Mother nature turns the trees all sorts of lovely colors and I break out my layers and hot cocoa and tea and life is good.... right?! xD
Unfortunately I only have like one outfit photo and it's from a while ago. ;___; I need to get a better place to take photos like stat. My boyfriend wanted to buy me some photo equipment from amazon.com but sadly he needs to pay for car parts to fix his car instead. :( Sad panda. Anyway! On to the pics! xD
Cute fairy garden! I saw this last night when I visited the 3rd Degree Glass Factory again! :)


Pumpkin seeds I roasted!



Rustic Beer Flight from a local pub

My homemade red potatoes with dill


Pumpkin pie I made with a REAL pumpkin! None of that canned stuff! ;P (Although if I am in a hurry I will use canned pumpkin puree because you don't have to roast a whole pumpkin for an hour, hehe.)



Rabbit and fresh gnocci from a local restaurant called 1111 Mississippi. They use a lot of a fresh and local ingredients. It would seem odd to eat a rabbit but rabbits are in abundance though this was probably farm raised instead of wild caught. Wild ones are probably tougher since they have to fight to survive. @__@; This is slow roasted in marinade and it's really soft and kind of delicate. Somewhat like a chicken flavor. If you haven't guessed by now, I could never be a vegetarian or vegan! >__<; lol.

Old photo but who doesn't love pancakes on a cold autumn morning?! (And this is also the reason why I need to go back to using my freaking Canon Rebel. But the iPhone is so much more convenient for photos because I ALWAYS have it on me and it's not big and bulky... lol.

I am going to visit my parents in Pittsburgh, PA on Tuesday so I will bring my camera, I promise! >__<;;



This was the turkey my mom and I made for Thanksgiving last year! I can't wait for Thanksgiving next week.... and then maybe Black Friday. @___@; Yes I am nuts I know!

Next post will have more make-up and fashion-y stuff, promise!

XOXO!

No comments:

Post a Comment