Monday, June 28, 2010

Modcloth Love

Uh oh I have started to get in the habit of not updating! Uwaah! I am sorry! n___n;
Lately I've been busy reading books for my new summer class...but who wants to hear about boring stuff like that? :o)

Onto the modcloth goodness!

So I got my Modcloth package in the mail. I ordered three items:

Mint Cardigan



So beautiful. It's a little small on me but the medium would have been really wide. It's meant to be worn over a dress anyway like a JSK for lolita or with some thin t shirt for fairy kei. Nothing too fancy. It's such a beautiful shade of green IRL. Photos forthcoming!

Black '50s Style Dress



The most expensive dress I have ever purchased from Modcloth but well worth it. Extremely well tailored! Reminds me of the 1950s! It makes me just want to go out on a date with someone cute and have ice cream or something from a soda fountain type place. (Fountain on Locust anyone?) LOL. It's linen so kinda bad for daytime summer wear but I still adore it. Also the waist sits kinda low...not at my natural waist. Maybe my torso is shorter than I thought?? HMMM.

Orange Lipstick....from that company-that-shall-not-be-named, lol..



So alas...I finally buckled down and bought stuff from Lime Crime. Well technically this is not the first time I bought from them and technically, also, I bought from Modcloth. So I am supporting a local business, right? Hah. IDK. It was priced the same as the Lime Crime site so IDK if Modcloth is even making anything from them. IDK. Maybe LC pays MC an amount to feature their products? Must be...unless...? LOL.

So yeah LC is infamous for it's repackaging. I left a review on Modcloth's site that talked about that. But yeah. So, I a while ago I bought some blush and eyeshadow from them. Then they released these lipsticks. I really adore their lipstick packaging. Hell, packaging in general. Who couldn't adore a sparkly purple unicorn anything? Hah. Well The truth of the matter is, folks, you are paying for the packaging, because you can get this same makeup for DIRT cheap on like...eBay....or from this other brand whose name I forgot... but if you go to Lipsticks and Lightsabers blog, or just google "Lime Crime Repackaging" (it should even autocomplete your search) you will see what I mean. I think it was Earth Minerals or something. Yeah. Strictly packaging.

Truth be told, it's kind of greasy. You really need to exfoliate and prime your lips with lip primer or balm before using this and lipliner really helps. Some gloss to seal it will keep it from budging. But seriously now. It's nothing special formula wise, maybe even inferior. I would have bought Sephora's orange lipstick if they still made it. I am so sad they no longer have the "awesome" colors like orange, green, purple, and blue. DAMN IT SEPHORA. I really want some gold lipstick too or silver. I might have to get it Amphigory.com...I am not sure where else one might get that from. Amphigory is a great place to buy from too. A small indie cosmetics place and they sell wigs and hair dye and cool jewelry too. Check em out!

No comments:

Post a Comment