Sunday, August 19, 2012

"Ryu Collection" Clothing brand & Mori Girl Style

It has been a long time since I did a post about Mori Girl. I still wear this lovely style! But with lack of mirror and proper lighting it is hard to show off what I have been wearing lately. I need to find a stand up mirror that is wide so I can start showcasing my outfits or try to corner my boyfriend when I am about to go out so he can snap photos! :)

Anyway!

There is a brand which is near and dear to my heart... it's called Ryu. I discovered it a few years back on Modcloth and at some local boutiques in the area. But sadly the one boutique that carried their stuff the most went out of business or moved...and the other store in town carries Ryu from time to time but not as much as I'd like and the pieces they have aren't always my style. So I've looked to Modcloth for some Ryu pieces because their selection is great!

Ryu tends to use a lot of lace, crochet, light colors, ruffles, layers, chiffon, and other such elements to make up their lovely clothing. Whenever I think of them, I think "girly" and "foresty." Sometimes their dresses look delicate or reserved and sometimes they're very outgoing and wild!

I also own a scarf by Ryu, a jacket, and a sweater. They make skirts too as well as other accessories like headbands. Modcloth tends to carry mostly their dresses, though. Here is a link to all of the Ryu pieces they are selling at the moment:
http://www.modcloth.com/shop/search?keyword=ryu&commit=GO

If you catch something on sale, you can save a considerable amount of money too, just FYI, as Ryu tends to go for about $100 average for a dress! Expensive, I know. :( Most of my pieces I got on sale or it was just something I absolutely had to have.



Click below to see some of their stuff!



Sometimes when I look at Ryu stuff I think that even without layering it could look mori. I could see a forest princess wearing this stuff!


Want this one too but it seems like I might get mistaken for wearing a nightgown in public, ha. But looks so comfy!!


I really REALLY want this one!


I love this so much!!


I really like this ombre dress. It would be great for wearing to work! For those who want a little bit of mori girl at work but want something that looks a little less frumpy/layered. You could probably put a lace scarf over this with a jacket and some forest creature jewelry like squirrel necklace or deer antler ring, that would be cute and still work appropriate! :)


3 comments:

  1. Wah! So pretty and feminine!!! So nice! I never heard of this brand before...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? I love Ryu! I wish there were more stores that sold it!

      Delete
  2. I never heard of this brand too! I love it *W*
    Too bad we don't have Modcloth in Italy and for the price too :(
    I'd like to see your mori outfits *_*

    I gave you a prize, sorry if I tell you so late ^^'
    http://conigliodellamoda.blogspot.it/2012/08/premio-shawqui.html

    ReplyDelete